5-Days Hands-on Workshop on Molecular Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Pune, India
Venue: ICSCCB, R.H. 2, Ujwal Regalia, Near Prabhavee Tech Park Building, Baner Road, Pune – 411045, India
We have planned a series of five days basic/beginners workshops with practical hands-on training on the topics from recombinant DNA technology, PCR and bioinformatics. The biology and bioinformatics contents are interwoven in such a manner that it would help a molecular biologist to find solutions to real time problems in lab and a bioinformatician to understand the laboratory aspects.
Prof. Dr. Sheo Mohan Singh
MSc(UK), PhD(Germany), PDF(USA,UK)
Director, ICSCCB, Pune, India
Only 10 seats per batch so please register early to confirm your participation. We will update on the website if a batch is full. Each participant will do all techniques real hands-on.
26 – 30 April 2017 (Seats Available, Click here for Online payment)
16 – 20 May 2017 (Seats Available, Click here for Online payment)
12 – 16 June 2017 (Seats Available, Click here for Online payment)
17 – 21 July 2017 (Seats Available, Click here for Online payment)
For other payment methods, please see at the bottom of the page.
Workshop Timings: 9:00am to 6:00pm everyday.
All topics below will be covered in each workshop by practical hands-on training:
1. Recombinant DNA Technology & PCR:
- Plasmid DNA Isolation followed by agarose gel electrophoresis
- Restriction Digestion followed by agarose gel electrophoresis
- Ligation followed by agarose gel electrophoresis
- DNA Extraction from Agarose Gel
- Preparation of Competent Cells
- Plasmid Transformation in Competent Cells and plating on LBA plates
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) followed by agarose gel electrophoresis
2. Bioinformatics part for the above:
- Bioinformatics of DNA databases
- Sequence Analysis: Pairwise sequence alignment, Multiple sequence alignment, BLAST
- Designing of PCR primers
- In-silico restriction digestion, transcription, reverse transcription using bioinformatics tools
- Searching for homologous and paralogous sequences
3. Genomics Data Visualization:
- Browsing and comparing human and mouse genomic data with the help of NCBI Genome viewer and UCSC Genome browser.
Registration Fees (food & accommodation is not included):
Rs. 7000/- (for persons residing in India)
US$ 150/- (for NRIs/International candidates residing outside of India).
Accommodation can be booked in nearby hotels/guesthouses directly. We will provide the information by email, please email to email@example.com for accommodation information.
Registration fee is non-refundable. However, if seats are not available then it will be refunded or next available workshop date can be given if candidate wants.
WORKSHOP CERTIFICATE will be issued to all participants on last day.
UG/PG/PhD students, faculty, scientists as well as people working in industry in the field of Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Sciences and related subject areas.
Payment for Registration:
Please pay online above or download the Workshop Registration Form and send it along with a Demand Draft in favor of ‘Agamya Biotech Private Limited’ payable at ‘Pune’ to the address given on the form.
Payment by Cash Deposit or Online NEFT Transfer:
You can also pay by direct deposit of Cash/Cheque in your city in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce or transfer online by net-banking/NEFT from any bank. Bank account details are available here: Cash Deposit/Bank Transfer details. Please email the workshop registration form along with payment receipt/ref number to confirm your registration.
For enquiries please email:
Tel No: +91-9545089202