5-Days Hands-on Workshop on Molecular Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Pune, India
Venue: ICSCCB, R.H. 2, Ujwal Regalia, Near Prabhavee Tech Park Building, Baner Road, Pune – 411045, India
We have planned a series of five days basic/beginners workshops with practical hands-on training on the topics from recombinant DNA technology, PCR and bioinformatics. The biology and bioinformatics contents are interwoven in such a manner that it would help a molecular biologist to find solutions to real time problems in lab and a bioinformatician to understand the laboratory aspects.
Prof. Dr. Sheo Mohan Singh
MSc(UK), PhD(Germany), PDF(USA,UK)
Director, ICSCCB, Pune, India
Only 10 seats per batch so please register early to confirm your participation. We will update on the website when seats are full in a batch. Each participant will do all techniques real hands-on.
All topics below will be covered in each workshop by practical hands-on training:
1. Recombinant DNA Technology & PCR:
- Plasmid DNA Isolation followed by agarose gel electrophoresis
- Restriction Digestion followed by agarose gel electrophoresis
- Ligation followed by agarose gel electrophoresis
- DNA Extraction from Agarose Gel
- Preparation of Competent Cells
- Plasmid Transformation in Competent Cells and plating on LBA plates
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) followed by agarose gel electrophoresis
2. Bioinformatics part for the above:
- Bioinformatics of DNA databases
- Sequence Analysis: Pairwise sequence alignment, Multiple sequence alignment, BLAST
- Designing of PCR primers
- Restriction analysis, restriction maps, plasmid maps
- Searching for homologous and paralogous sequences
- Promoter analysis
3. Whole Genome Data Visualization:
- Browsing human and mouse genomic data with the help of NCBI Genome viewer or UCSC Genome browser.
Registration Fees (food & accommodation is not included):
Rs. 7000/- (for persons residing in India)
US$ 150/- (for International candidates residing outside of India).
Registration fee is non-refundable. However, if seats are not available then it will be refunded or next available workshop date can be given.
Workshop Dates (Timings 9:30am-6:00pm):
08 – 12 Jan 2020 (Seats available, Click here for Online Registration)
Other Methods of Registration:
Please download and fill the Workshop Registration Form and email it (scan or photo) to email@example.com along with the proof of payment by any of the following payment methods:
NEFT Transfer (or SWIFT transfer for International candidates):
You can pay directly in our bank account by NEFT (Indian) or SWIFT (International) transfer. For bank account details please click on the following link: Bank Account Details
Payment by Google Pay:
You can pay to Mobile No. 9545089202 or Google Pay UPI Id. sheomohansingh@okhdfcbank
Payment by Paytm or Paytm UPI:
You can pay to Paytm No. 9545089202 or Paytm UPI Id. 9545089202@paytm
Payment by BHIM App:
You can pay to UPI ID 9545089202@upi by using BHIM App on your mobile phone.
Payment by PhonePe App:
You can pay to UPI ID 9545089202@ybl by using PhonePe App on your mobile phone.
WORKSHOP CERTIFICATE will be issued to all participants on last day.
11/12th, UG/PG/PhD students, faculty, scientists as well as people working in industry in the field of Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Sciences and related subject areas.
Accommodation should be booked in nearby PG hostels/guesthouses or hotels directly. Please click the following link to download accommodation information. For more information and any help in finding accommodation please contact on +91-7798490002 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries please email or call:
Tel No: +91-7798490002