5 days Hands-on Workshop on Molecular Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Pune, India
Venue: ICSCCB, R.H. 2, Ujwal Regalia, Near Prabhavee Tech Park, Baner Road, Pune – 411045, India
We have planned a series of five days basic/beginners workshops with practical hands-on training on the topics from recombinant DNA technology, PCR and bioinformatics. The biology and bioinformatics contents are interwoven in such a manner that it would help a molecular biologist to find solutions to real time problems in lab and a bioinformatician to understand the laboratory aspects of bioinformatics.
Prof. Dr. Sheo Mohan Singh
MSc(UK), PhD(Germany), PDF(USA,UK)
Director, ICSCCB, Pune, India
Only 10 seats per batch so please register early to confirm your participation. We will update on the website if a batch is full.
For other payment methods, please see at the bottom of the page.
Workshop Timings: 9:00am to 6:00pm everyday.
All topics below will be covered in each workshop by practical hands-on training:
1. Recombinant DNA Technology & PCR:
- Plasmid DNA Isolation
- Restriction Digestion
- Preparation of Competent Cells
- Transformation and plating on LBA plates
- DNA Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- DNA Extraction from Gel
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) followed by gel electrophoresis
2. Bioinformatics part for the above:
- Bioinformatics of DNA databases
- Sequence Analysis: Pairwise sequence alignment, Multiple sequence alignment, Pattern search
- Designing of PCR primers
- In-silico restriction digestion, transcription, reverse transcription and other techniques using bioinformatics tools
- Searching for homologous and paralogous sequences
3. Genomics Data Visualization:
- Browsing and comparing human and mouse genomic data with the help of NCBI Genome viewer and UCSC Genome browser.
Registration Fees (food & accommodation is not included):
Rs. 6000/- (US$ 150 for NRI/International candidates).
Accommodation can be booked in nearby hotels/guesthouses directly. We will provide the information by email, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation information.
Registration fee is non-refundable. However, if seats are not available then it will be refunded or next available workshop date can be given if candidate wants.
Certificate of completion will be issued to all participants on last day.
UG/PG/PhD students, faculty, scientists as well as people working in industry in the field of Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Sciences and related subject areas.
Payment for Registration:
Please pay online above or download the Workshop Registration Form and send it along with a Demand Draft in favor of ‘Agamya Biotech Private Limited’ payable at ‘Pune’ to the address given on the form.
Payment by Direct Deposit/Online NEFT Transfer:
You can also pay by direct deposit of Cash/Cheque in your city in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce or transfer online by net-banking/NEFT.
The details can be downloaded from here: Direct Deposit/Bank Transfer details
Please send the receipt/ref number by email with details of direct deposit to confirm your registration.
For enquiries please call or email:
Tel No: +91-9545089202