Biotech, Animal Cell Culture and Cancer Biology Winter Training, at the ICSCCB, New Delhi.
(1 Month, Full-time, Regular Program)
This is designed for beginners who wants to learn from scratch.
Prof. Dr. Sheo Mohan Singh
MSc(UK), PhD(Germany), PDF(USA,UK,Germany)
Director, ICSCCB, New Delhi, India
Number of seats: 12 (Register early as seats get filled before the winter because of high quality and individual training)
Winter Training date for 2023-24 (Timings 10:00am-6:00pm):
15 Dec 2023 – 14 Jan 2024 (Seats Available)
Venue: ICSCCB, First Floor, Khasra 132, Plot 4, IGNOU Main Road, Near Saint Robin Public School, Neb Sarai, Saket, New Delhi – 110068, India (Nearest Metro Station is Saket on the Yellow Line)
Details of techniques (hands-on by each candidate) to be learnt during the program:
Molecular Biology and Cell Culture Lab:
1. Cell culture techniques, passaging and maintenance of human cancer cell lines
2. Media preparation
3. Cryopreservation: Freezing & thawing of human cancer cell lines
4. Genomic DNA isolation from cancer cell lines,
5. Genomic DNA estimation
6. Genomic DNA agarose gel electrophoresis
7. Total RNA extraction from human cancer cell lines
8. cDNA synthesis from RNA (Reverse Transcription)
9. Standard Polymerase Chain Reaction from cDNA (Reverse Transcription-PCR)
10. Agarose gel electrophoresis of PCR product
11. Induction of proliferation and differentiation in human cancer cell lines
12. Total protein extraction from human cancer cell lines
13. SDS-PAGE electrophoresis of extracted proteins
14. Coomassie blue staining of SDS-PAGE gel
15. MTT Assay for proliferation/cytotoxicity
16. Cytospin slide preparation of induced hematopoietic cells
17. May-Gruenwald Giemsa Staining of cytospin slides of hematopoietic cells and visualizing morphology of differentiating cells
18. Plasmid DNA isolation
19. Plasmid DNA gel electrophoresis
20. Plasmid DNA gel extraction
21. Restriction digestion
23. Agarose gel electrophoresis of restriction digested and ligated DNA
24. Preparation of competent cells
25. Transformation and plating on LBA plates
26. Standard Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
27. Agarose gel electrophoresis of PCR product
28. DNA sequence analysis: Pairwise sequence alignment, Multiple sequence alignment, BLAST tools
29. Protein sequence analysis
30. Bioinformatics databases
31. PCR primer designing
32. Gene cloning
33. Promoter analysis
34. Whole genome data visualisation: browsing human and mouse genomic data with the help of NCBI Genome viewer or UCSC Genome browser.
Only 12 seats are available so please register early to confirm your participation. We will update on the website if the batch is full. Each participant will do all techniques real hands-on.
Registration Fees (food & accommodation is not included):
Rs. 21000/- + Rs. 3600 GST (Total Rs. 24600)
Registration fee is non-refundable (because of limited seats to maintain the high quality of training). If seats are not available then only it will be refunded.
Payment by Google Pay:
You can pay to Mobile No. 9545089202 or Google Pay UPI Id. sheomohansingh-1@okhdfcbank
Payment by Paytm or Paytm UPI:
You can pay to Paytm No. 9545089202 or Paytm UPI Id. 9545089202@paytm
Payment by PhonePe App:
You can pay to UPI ID sheomohan1@ybl by using PhonePe App on your mobile phone.
CERTIFICATE will be issued to all participants on last day.
Bachelors, Masters and PhD students, medical students, doctors, lecturers, scientists, industry members in the field of Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Sciences and related subject areas who are interested in learning hands-on laboratory techniques.
Accommodation should be booked in nearby PG hostels/guesthouses and hotels directly by the candidate. If you need help then please email to email@example.com.
For enquiries please email or call:
Tel No: +91-7798490002